Sunday 16 October 2011

My weekend

Once again, dear reader, I have had quite a difficult weekend with my mental health and boy does it show on my face: I woke today with three huge zits on my face, I thought at nearly 30 the teenage acne had been and gone but it appears not. I am also prone to migraine and indeed I have had a stonker of a migraine for the past three days. That along with the big black bags under the eyes- which give me the appearance of someone who has been hit on the eyes with two snooker balls-means that I am not feeling that great. Physically and mentally.
What do you do when things are like this? I for one know how difficult it is to do anything when feeling like this because for one, depression is so debilitating. It is easier when feeling this way to close the blinds, go to sleep for as long as sleep will allow and cry to oneself. But, on the better days, one can reflect and realise that these actions are damaging and don't help in the least. For me they lead to a sense of frustration: when I come out of these black periods I think about how I am wasting my life and days like this are days lost on this earth. I also feel a sense of loss, like I am losing out because days like this means that I am missing out on a social life; a love life; any sort of life which is why I am writing this entry today. To loo back when the going is tough and think about the choices I have to help myself. But then again, that is always easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment